|BIG3 Swing Dance|
Pictures from the
Battle of the Bands
All Night DJs - Professional Mobile DJ/MC Services
dance locations change frequently. Instead of trying to list them
all, I prefer to list a few of the long-running locations as well as
links to sites that keep up with changing schedules. I recommend
you contact a location before heading out to make sure the info is
accurate for that evening.
The BIG3 Swing Dance takes place
twice per year, usually one in February or March and the other in
November. It always features one or two big bands, a huge dance floor
and a unique atmosphere that pulls guests back to the 1940s.
Click the link in the left column.
Lindy Hop/East Coast SwingWest Coast Swing
Ballroom Dancing - covers a few to a wide varitey of dances
If you know of other great places to dance, please let me know!
- Dance Michigan - Brenda has a lot of great info on her page.
- Rochester Ballroom holds Friday and Saturday dances on select weekends at their downtown Rochester studio.
- Troy Dance Studio does a weekly dance in Troy on Tuesdays and a Salsa social usually on second Saturdays.
- Rhythm~N~Shoes holds a dance every Thursday in Bloomfield Hills.
- Michigan Swing Dance Association holds a monthly dance for west coast swing and hustle in Bloomfield Hills. and
- There's a long-running dance at the Commonwealth Club in Warren every Thursday (except the first of each month). Call 248.689.7259.
fine restaurants around Metro Detroit feature ballroom dancing, usually
on the weekends. This includes the Clawson Steak House and
Mario's in Detroit.